At times, I wonder it was so much fun naming these Indian Starters. This particular dish is green in color because of the mint, coriander and green chili paste used, making it look like the greens on the mountains and then finally naming it Chicken Pahadi Tikka. Presenting today is another keto friendly dish, high on protein and massive on taste. Any tikka is very easy to cook and this one especially because we do not use any fancy ingredients. I guarantee you, if these steps are followed to the T, you’ll get tender juicy tikkas that’ll just melt in your mouth. Go Green Guys!
What you will need!
- Chicken Breast – 300 gms – cut in cubes
- For 1st Marinade:
- Lime Juice – half a lime
- Black Pepper – powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Ginger & Garlic – paste – 1 Tsp each
- Mint, Coriander and Green Chili – paste – 1 Tsp each (Bro Tip: In a grinder, add a bunch of mint and coriander with 3 green chilies and make a fine paste. Use 3 Tsp and keep the rest for green chutney)
- Salt – To taste
- For 2nd Marinade:
- Carom Seeds (Ajwain) – 1 Tsp
- Besan or gram flour – 1 Tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ Tsp
- Curd – 1 Tbsp
- Cream – 1 Tbsp
- Garam Masala – powder – 1 Tsp
- Cheese – grated – ½ cube (optional)
- Some salt
To make it!
- Take your chicken in a bowl and add all the ingredients from marinade 1, mix well and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, heat some oil in a small vessel and add the carom seeds, let it cook for 10-15 seconds.
- Add turmeric and gram flour and roast it till the raw flavor goes away. This should take not more than 30-40 seconds. (Bro Tip: Steps 2 and 3 are completely optional. However, if you do this right, nobody will stop you from becoming the next master chef)
- Add this mixture of gram flour and all the other ingredients from marinade 2. Mix well along with a table spoon of oil and keep it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan and add some oil or butter. If you do not have a grill pan then use a regular non-stick pan.
- Pierce the chicken through some wooden skewers or just place it on the pan. Cook each side on high flame for a minute till you get nice grill marks and then flip it over to cook the other side.
- To give final restaurant style smoky flavor, brush some oil and hold the skewers directly on your gas flame as shown.
- Serve hot with some nice green chutney, onions and lime.