Who so ever is even remotely connected to any fitness regime would know the importance of a right kind of diet along with some workout. Whatever be your goal in the gym, the goal in the kitchen for most of us remain the same – get adequate amount of protein in your body. While trying the Ketogenic diet, I tried to come up with a winning combination of chicken and eggs to get approximately 45 grams of protein in a single meal, without compromising on the taste factor. So this one is especially for all those fitness enthusiast like me. Try the super easy chicken-egg keto bhurji now!
What you will need!
- Chicken – 150 gms – minced
- Eggs – 3
- Onion – 1 medium – chopped
- Tomato – 1 medium – chopped
- Garlic – 1 Tsp – chopped
- Green Chili – 1 Tsp – chopped
- Green Peas – a handful
- Capsicum – 2 Tbsp – chopped
- Garam Masala, Coriander powder, Red Chili Powder, Turmeric – 1 Tsp each
- Cumin – ½ Tsp
- Coriander Leaves – Chopped
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Salt – To taste
The steps.. towards fitness!
- In a non-stick kadhai, heat some oil. Add the cumin seeds and let it splutter a little. Add the green chilies and garlic. Sauté for 30 secs.
- Add the chopped onions and cook till they are slightly translucent. Do not let them turn brown.
- Add the minced chicken and cook for a minute on medium flame.
- Add green peas and chopped tomatoes. Cook till tomatoes become soft.
- Add all the super flavorful powdered spices and mix well. Add in the chopped capsicum.
- Cover the lid and cook in low flame for a minute.
- Now, just break in the 3 eggs and sprinkle some salt over them. Scramble them and mix and mash it with the chicken and veggies on a high flame.
- Once the eggs solidify, add some salt to taste and coriander leaves.
- Have this as one of your meals or with chapatis/pav if you’re not on Keto.