Healthiest dishes are simplest to cook. Justifying that line is one of the signature Chinese dishes for vegetarians, the Paneer Chili. Yes, Indian Chinese cooking is healthier with very few ingredients and no compromise being made in the taste department. The paneer will contribute to your protein requirement, whereas the bell peppers are an excellent source of Vitamin A, C and B6. They are also super low in calories which make paneer chili a go-to dish when you are cutting. With preparation time not more than 10 mins and cooking time not more than 5, this one is a real winner.
What you will need!
- Paneer – 300 gms – cut in cubes
- Garlic – 1 Tbsp – chopped
- Ginger – 1 Tsp – chopped
- Green Chilli – 2 – cut in halves
- Onion – ½ – sliced
- Bell peppers – 1 cup – cut length wise
- Spring onion – ½ cup – chopped
- Corn flour – 1 Tsp
- Black Pepper powder – ½ Tsp
- Coriander – chopped
- Soya Sauce, Chilli Sauce, Schezwan Sauce – 1 Tbsp each
- Vinegar – 1 Tsp
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan till it is super-hot. Lower the flame and add garlic, ginger and green chilies. Sauté for not more than 10 seconds.
- Add the sliced onions and bell peppers. Add some salt and black pepper and sauté for a minute in medium heat.
- Add the paneer pieces and mix well. Add the sauces (soya, chilli, schezwan, vinegar) and put in some water. Close to half to three-fourth cup. Bring it to a boil
- In a bowl add some water and mix the corn flour to create a slurry. Pour it into the blow and stir.
- The gravy will thicken and now you can turn of the flame. Add some black pepper powder, chopped spring onions and chopped coriander. Add salt to taste.